Skip to main content
This strategy will help students to:
- reflect individually and share ideas with others
- generate ideas to classify, group, label and generalise upon.
- Place students in groups.
- Give each student two or three slips of paper.
- Pose a problem or question related to a health or safety issue. For example: What strategies do you use to help protect yourself from blood-borne viruses?
- Students individually write responses on the slips of paper. Only one idea should be written on each slip of paper.
- Students place their responses in the middle of the group then through discussion with other group members cluster them by identifying similarities. A heading or title may be given to each pile of slips.
- All groups come together to share their card clusters. Responses may be represented graphically in a mind map or bar graph, or in written form by using each idea as a new sentence.